June 21, 2008

Mrs. Darcy

So after this languished on my needles twice when I tried to knit it flat, I decided to work it out to knit seamlessly and it totally flew by, despite the fact that I was working out the numbers as I went along. But now it's done and it's beautiful.


I'm particularly happy with the shoulders. I knit the sleeves in the round, and joined them as if it had been a bottom up raglan, but then only decreased on one side to keep the look of set in shoulders. And it worked.


I also knit the neck edging onto the top of the back so I didn't have to seam anything at all when I was done. A bit of grafting, underneath the arms and when I connected the two sides of the neck edging and a three needle bind off for the shoulders, but nothing else.


Pattern: Mrs. Darcy Cardigan by Mary Weaver
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted in Mulberry, 5 skeins
Needles: Size 9 24 inch Addi Turbos
Modifications: A gazillion. I don't think I kept a single number the same as the original pattern. They're all laid out here.
Started: January 2008, but frogged and restarted June 2008
Finished June 2008

No comments: