June 28, 2008

Gretel

I finished my Gretel yesterday, and she's quite pretty, although I didn't think I would have enough yarn to make the slouchy version, as I was hoping to, so I settled for the regular. Looking at the yarn I have left over, I probably made the right choice.

The most interesting thing about Gretel is that I can wear her either as a beanie or a snood, depending on what I feel like. She works both ways, which means I'll probably skip the blocking, which would put her more firmly in the snood camp. Now I like snoods, but I made the band slightly too loose for it to stay on my head without lots of bobbypin assistance, so no blocking. The next Gretel I'll make'll be the slouchy kind. I think it I make it on 5s and 7s instead of fat 6s and 8s, I can squeeze a slouchy out of Malabrigo. Possibly the Sealing Wax.

The pattern was fun, as all of Ysolda's are, and I'm glad I finally got around to making myself one of these, which I've wanted to do for ages. It's one of those patterns where I needed to find yarn that was perfect, so I kept putting it off and putting it off until finally I decided that it was going to be done in the Emerald and if it wasn't perfect, I could just make another until it was.

Pattern: Gretel by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Emerald, a bit under one skein
Needles: Fat 6 dpns (4.25 mm), US 8 16 inch Addi Turbo, US 8 Clover Takumi DPNs
Modifications: None
Started: June 2008
Finished June 2008

No comments: