July 25, 2008

I have an angel.

I have Sundara Angel. The sweetest, kindest woman just sent me two gorgeous skeins of Sundara sock yarn, in black over violet, my very favorite colorway. They are stunning and make me incredibly happy. And I had a lovely time messaging back and forth with her beforehand, too. She's from Wisconsin, and a Brewer fan and has seen some Shakespeare! Pretty cool. But the yarn's really the story. I love it. I've never seen any more beautiful. And she wrapped it too, in coordinating paper.

It's so pretty. I just want to look at it forever and ever.


But, since I have two skeins of it (which was a surprise. I was only expecting one) I can make something more than just a pair of gloves, as I'd been planning. Now, I think it's going to be a tank top, so everyone can see it's glory, and I can wear it right next to my skin. I'm so excited to start knitting with it.
Not only that, I also got a skein of silk lace in Granite Falls in the mail today, too, so it was a double day of Sundara. I'm on such a lace kick these days, after my Swallowtail (which will be blogged about one of these days), so I'm extra excited to knit with it. I want to make more shawls!

So now, I have three, beautiful, lovely skeins of Sundara, whereas yesterday I had none. This is so exciting.

I love knitters. I love that people pass on such kindness, and such beautiful things.

No comments: